Ever wondered how fake tan works? The main ingredient in tanning products is DHA which contains a sugar derived from raspberry. When it comes into contact with the outermost layer of the skin, the sugar reacts with natural skin proteins (amino acids) and oxygen from the air which causes the reaction that turns our skin brown. Formulas should be left on the skin for 8 hours in order to fully develop.
Because the process only occurs on the top layer of skin, the tan then fades after 5-7 days in keeping with the normal skin shedding cycle.
An important thing to remember in regards to self-tanning is that everyone’s skin is different, and fake tan will react differently depending on your skin type. Fake tans only run the risk of looking unnatural if you have a tan with too much DHA in it for your skin type, which is why we have formulated our products to suit all tones; if you’re looking for a darker tan, simply apply more regularly.
Just some of the reasons you should have a sienna X Horsham Spray Tan by Paula:
- Quick – takes just twenty minutes
- Safe – no UVA or UVB that can damage your skin
- Stain-free product
- Natural looking – different strengths to suit every skin type and colour so no danger of turning orange!
- Good for you – no wrinkles, just nourishing and moisturising
- High profile – celebs and top tv shows love sienna X
- Confidence building – you’ll love the way it makes you look and feel
- Expertly applied – Jo and Paula are fully trained sienna X consultants to tan you to perfection
- Exceptional results – immediately you will notice a beautiful golden colour that develops over 8-10 hours to produce a stunning tan with no “fake-tan” smell